Iconic Tarwin Valley Destinations
The Tarwin Valley is unique. Parts of our country boast their specialities like scenes of rural bliss, or wineries, or amazing coastlines, or brilliant people……in the Tarwin Valley, you will find all of these features and more.
Our Artists, in Fish Creek and Meeniyan, at
CELIA ROSSER GALLERY in Fish Creek. Gorgeous Botanic Art
GECKO ART GALLERY in Fish Creek. Meet the artist – Kerry Spokes and enjoy the feature exhibitions changed monthly.
HILLTOP GALLERY – quirky gallery in Fish Creek at the back of the town on the hill. Meet Bianca Stefani, the artist behind Hilltop Gallery
SANDY POINT GALLERY- Mary Shaw’s tribute in watercolour and oil to this beautiful environment
MEENIYAN GALLERY – wonderful exhibitions
Alison Lester and the Magic Beach
Alison, on of our foremost children’s authors has her gallery at Fish Creek and her “magic beach” at Sandy Point.
Our Places to Dine
The historic Fisk Creek Hotel, one of three remaining Art Deco hotels in country Victoria: Moos and Trulli Woodfire Pizzeria at Meeniyan and the classic Koonwarra Store; The Greenhouse in Foster, the OK Bar and Grill at Fish Creek and Wildfish on the pier at Port Albert each offer a special set of delights.
Our Wineries and the Grand Ridge Brewery
Waratah Hills Vineyard and Walkerville Vineyard are a very short fifteen minutes away while Wild Dog, The Wine Farm , Lucinda Estate, Djinta Djinta and Bass Phillip are within easy reach. Equally attractive is the drive to Mirboo North and the delights of their local brewery.
Mt. Oberon, Squeaky Beach, Whisky Bay and Fairy Cove are just some of the magnificent destinations that the “Prom” offers. The gate is just twenty minutes away.
Walking and Cycling Trails
The Great Southern Rail Trail offers a unique and comprehensive experience which, with walking tours of Turton’s Falls, Agnes Falls, Walkerville’s historic Lime Kilns and coast, and the Tara Bulga National Park, offers even the most discerning a special experience.
Golf at Foster, Leongatha South and Meeniyan
Great local golf courses offer green fee access to all golfers.
Stony Creek Racing Club
A delightful country race-track full TAB and on-site bookmakers offers those who enjoy the “sport of kings” a wonderful day at the track.
The Cape Liptrap Lighthouse
A brilliant drive to this windswept outcrop on Bass Strait’s historic shipwreck coast is again an entirely memorable experience.
A number of fishing tours emanate from Port Welshpool and we can arrange a special tour around the windswept Promontory Islands with their pristine architecture, penguin and seal colonies and just magical and picturesque scenery if the weather is suitable.
Other All Seasons Destinations
- Outdoor games
- A walk around the property including lake and island, vineyards and olive grove
- Wine Tasting in the cellar including local cheese tasting
- Explore Wilson’s Promontory and her magnificent beaches or the incomparable beaches of Waratah Bay and Sandy Point
- Windsurf on the world-renowned Shallow Inlet
- Walks and local fauna/flora
- Local galleries including Celia Rosser (Botanical Artist)
- Foster Golf Club for a round with the kangaroos, or Leongatha Golf Club with their beautiful fairways and greens
- Farmers’ Markets
- Koonwarra Day Spa
- Meeniyan Art Gallery
- Bike riding the Great Southern Rail Trail
- A drive to Turton Falls
- Cape Liptrap Lighthouse
- Loch suspension bridge and historic town
- Agnes Falls, highest waterfall in Victoria
Special Summer Destinations
- Swimming at Tidal River beach and Surf schools
- River Fishing
- Golf on our private 9 hole golf course
- Boat trip around the islands off Wilson’s Promontory
- Sun bathing on the deck
- Fish Creek Tea Cosy Festival
- Catullus Poetry Walk Reading
- Olive Picking Weekend
- Grape Picking Weekend
- Inverloch Jazz Festival – March
Even in Winter
- Well, it’s wet…stay in bed